Rue du Beffroi
- MAPS: Google Maps
Since the 14th century, the Belfry of Namur is located in the tower of the collegiate church Saint-Pierre-au-Château. After it burnt down in 1745, the belfry was transferred to the Saint-Jacques tower, the largest tower of the third enclosure, built in 1388. In the 16th century it was already converted to place the clock that announces the closing and opening of the city gates. The Saint-Jacques Tower is little higher than 20 m and is a remarkable witness of the 14th century military architecture.
Recognized "World Heritage of Humanity" by Unesco.
Guided tours for groups (combined with a tour of the surroundings). Duration: 2h. Languages: FR, NL, ENG. Book two weeks in advance: call Mr. Jean Laffineur (Association des guides touristiques namurois): 084/21 04 60.
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Freÿr sur Meuse Castle and its Gardens
- The Steam Train Museum in Treignes
- LES FERMES DU BONHEUR
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- 'La Merveilleuse" Grotto in Dinant