GROTTOES OF FOLX-LES-CAVES
Rue Auguste Baccus 35
- MAPS: Google Maps
Situated in Hesbaye, this labyrinth was dug by men and covers many acres. For the Neolithic it was a place of refuge and since 1886 it was used for the cultivation of mushrooms. A discovery of geology, archeology, architecture, art, mycology, legends and superstition.
Group visits during the week on request. Open in January by appointment for groups.
Duration of the visit: 1 h.
For schools: prehistoric activities in collaboration with the Archaeological Museum of Orp-le-Grand.
Access: motorway E40 (Hoegaarden exit 25 - Hannut exit 28) - E411 (Thorembais exit 11 - Champion exit 13).
Tourist information on the town ORP-JAUCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Waxworks Museum - Waterloo Battlefield
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Temple of Human Passions