CASTLE OF LA HUTTE
7134 RESSAIX (BINCHE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
There has been a fortress on the Seigniory of la Hutte, Ressaix, since the 13th century. The de Lattre family acquired the seigneury in 1730 and it remained in their possession until 1875. At the end of the 18th century the de Lattres commissioned the construction of a castle whose structural work is still to be found in some parts of the current building. After being acquired by the Fontaine family in 1875, the Château de la Hutte was then bought by baron Evence-Narcisse. Around 1920, the baron undertook the major renovation work that was to give the castle its current form. In 1958, it was sold and converted into a vocational training centre for young ladies. After being resold in 1992, the castle was completely restored and has regained its original charm.
Castle cannot be visited.
Location for receptions. Restaurant.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 33 80 99
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE
- International Carnival and Mask Museum
- FORTIFIED CASTLE OF ECAUSSINNES-LALAING