CHURCH OF SAINTS PETER AND PAUL
Place Félix Gonda
4550 SAINT-SEVERIN (NANDRIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This church, which forms part of a Benedictine monastery, was built between 1136 and 1145 and then restored in the 16th century. Its layout follows the shape of a Latin cross. The central nave is separated from the side-aisles by alternating strong and weak pillars that create a binary rhythm leading the faithful to the altar.
The transept crossing features an octagonal tower capped by a spire and dotted with coupled windows typical of the Burgundian School of Cluny (the mother abbey of the Benedictine order). It rests on four large pillars connected by basket-handle arches. The choir is lit by a wide trefoil opening. The very projecting apse is framed by two chapels with apsidioles. The facades are decorated with lombard strips. Beautiful baptismal fonts from the 12th century.
E-mail and internet addresses are only for guided visits.
Guided tours : for groups only. Info: Art&Fact asbl Tel.: ++32-(0)4/366 56 04 - Fax: ++32-(0)4/344 24 38.
Directions: By car: Liège - Namur motorway (exit 6 Villers-le-Bouillet), on the N684 towards Neuville-sous-Huy, then take the N 90 towards Hermalle-sous-Huy, follow the signs for Nandrin - bus: line 94 Liège - Anthisnes - Ouffet - train: line 125 Liège - Huy (Huy station).
Tourist information on the town NANDRIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- Liège Aquarium and Museum
- Liège Archeoforum - Ardent City Remnants & Archeological Museum
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History