SANCTUARY OF THE VIRGIN OF THE POOR
Rue de l'Esplanade 57
4140 SPRIMONT (BANNEUX N.-D.)
- MAPS: Google Maps
From 15 January to 2 March 1933, the Virgin Mary appeared eight times to Mariette Béco, a young girl aged 11 years.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of pilgrims, come, alone or in group, notably during the Triduum of the sick, to confide to Our Lady their poverties, their sufferings, their pains, their wants. They come to express their confidence and their hope on Jesus Christ.
Today, as she did to Mariette, the Virgin of the Poor leads each pilgrim in Banneux to the way of life. She invites them to "push the hands in the water" of the Spring, to discover in Jesus, the true Life.
The Sanctuary is open during the daytime.
Masses in French at 8 am, 11.30 am and 4 pm.
Salute of the Holy Sacrament and Blessing of the sick at 3 pm from May to October.
Tourist information on the town SPRIMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Plopsa Coo - The Theme Park in the Belgian Ardennes
- Crystal Discovery at the Val Saint Lambert Castle
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège