CASTLE DE FORMANOIR DE LA CAZERIE
Rue Royale 1
7520 TEMPLEUVE (TOURNAI)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Between 1485 and 1571, the Lannoy family had the existing château built. However, the tiles on the building are inscribed with the date 1606. The Le Cambe family, heirs of the Lannoy family, were the owners of the estate in the early 17th century. This is confirmed by the date 1606 inscribed on their coat of arms. At this time, the château was surrounded by moats and accessible only by a bridge. In 1728, Louis-François Demaisières inherited the estate. He had work carried out to bring the appearance of the château in line with the fashion of the time and give it a Tournai style appearance. The Formanoir de la Cazerie family arrived in 1808 and it was one of their descendents - Baron Verhaegen - who sold the property in 1948 to the Commune who began restoration work in 1954.
Visit : only exterior.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park
- Bois-Du-Luc Ecomuseum
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION