GARDENCASTLE AT TONGRE-NOTRE-DAME
7951 TONGRE-NOTRE-DAME (CHIEVRES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Tongre-Notre-Dame is best known for its basilica dedicated to the Virgin Mary, but it also has some unexpected treasures, such as the Château du Jardin. Built in the mid 19th century, this neo-classical mansion stands in the middle of extensive formally laid out grounds. Today, the Château du Jardin is the property of an endocrinologist, Ken Strauss. He undertook the restoration of the residence with a view to holding medical seminars there. The Château du Jardin is a neo-classical, rectangular building. The frontage and rear external wall are two storeys high, faced with finishing plaster and surmounted by a Mansard roof bordered with a wooden cornice. The façades have large rectangular window openings.
The castle is not open to the public.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 28 33 47
- fax : +32 (0) 68 28 33 47
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town CHIEVRES
Visit our partners' webpages
- International Carnival and Mask Museum
- MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Pairi Daiza animal park: take a trip around the world
- The Belœil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles