Château de Trazegnies
Place Albert I 32
6183 TRAZEGNIES (COURCELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Trzegnies was the seat of a powerful seigneury and cradle of one of Europe's most illustrious families.
The entire castle was rebuilt at the end of the 16th century, after having been pillaged and burnt down in 1554.
During the reconstruction, Charles II, the marquis of Trazegnies, built the magnificent main building. It is the jewel of the current castle and an almost unique example of Walloon Renaissance architecture. The castle has been a listed building since 1950.
The "Life and work of our forebears" museum, located on the 2nd floor of the castle, is probably the most important museum in Wallonia in its field. The museum is currently closed for security reasons.
Themed exhibitions are regularly organised during the tourist season.
May to the end of June: Every Sunday and public holiday with guided tours at 3pm.
July to the end of September: Every Saturday, Sunday and public holiday with guided tours at 3pm.
Throughout the season: Guided tours for groups by appointment only. Contact: +32 (0)71 45 10 46.
Tour of the vineyard for groups of at least 10 people by appointment.
By car: motorway E42, exit 18 coming from Mons, exit 17 coming from Namur, take the R3, exit Charleroi Ouest, towards Trazegnies.
By train: Charleroi station.
By bus: 83.
Castle rooms can be hired for receptions, banquets, weddings, events, etc.
The castle's educational department organises educational workshops:
- Schools: €3 per child + €30 per guide (minimum 15 & maximum 25 children per guide. €45 charge if less than 15 children).
- Birthday parties: €5 per child + €30 per guide (minimum 15 & maximum 25 children per guide. €45 charge if less than 15 children).
Tourist information on the town COURCELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Laser Game at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Bois-Du-Luc Ecomuseum
- Espace Chimay - beer and cheese interpretation centre
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- Strepy-Thieu boat lift