BASILICA OF CHEVREMONT
Rue de Chèvremont 96
4051 VAUX-SOUS-CHEVREMONT (CHAUDFONTAINE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The church's first stone was laid by the bishop on 3 September 1877, but the construction of the convent had already started in May 1877 by Victor Ernotte, after the plans of the Dutch architect Cuypers. On 8 September 1899, the church (Dutch gothic style) was consecrated by His Eminence Doutreloux.
In 1928, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of its foundation, the church was granted the title basilica minor.
In May 1940, Chèvremont was bombarded. The transept on the south side, the large altar and the organs were destroyed.
Masses: Saturday 5 pm. Sunday 8 am - 10 am - 5 pm. On weekdays at 7.30 am. At 7.30 am and in winter the masses take place at the convent (except public holidays).
Tourist information on the town CHAUDFONTAINE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Closure of the Ramioul Prehistosite - Prehitomuseum opens in 2015
- Reinhardstein Château in Metternich
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- Franchimont Castle
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality