ARBORETUM OF VIRTON
- MAPS: Google Maps
This small arboretum (1,42 ha) is a compromise between a forest arboretum and a collection arboretum. In the beginning there were about 80 different ligneous species. Every species was planted on a special parcel. For the moment there are about 40 left, 30 of which have identified. Indigenous species have come to join the exotic ones from the start. Amongst the exotic tree species there are a few nice examples of giant sequoias, douglas, Virginia tulip trees, alders, ponderosa pines, Japanese cedars, black pines...
Free access and two large explanatory boards/maps on the website.
Tourist information on the town VIRTON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Bastogne War Museum, Second World War Memorial Centre
- Bouillon Castle and its Birds of Prey Show
- Euro Space Center: "A Space Odyssey" Show
- Durbuy Adventure - Kayaking on the River Ourthe
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights in Houffalize