Rue d'Arlon 38-40
- MAPS: Google Maps
Ancient convent of the Récollets from the end of the 17th century and modern wing from 1990. Collections spread out over more than 2000 m². Archaeology: Roman, Gallo-Roman, Merovingian and medieval eras.
Ethnography: local tradition and craftwork, reconstruction of interiors and craft shops, industrial arts (founding and earthenware). Popular arts. Religions, customs and believes of Gaume. Fine Arts: paintings of C. Barthélémy, A. Raty... sculptures from the 12th throughout the 19th century. Fine Arts: regional paintings. Furniture from Lorraine and Luxemburg.
In the section Stories and Legens, you can admire the drawings from Jean-Claude Servais.
School activities and educational workshops.
Closed on Tuesday, except in June, July and August.
Guided visits by appointment, one week up front: € 30 and € 50 weekend and public holidays (€ 40,- at night).
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 570121
Sale of educational dossiers (diverse themes).
Tourist information on the town VIRTON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Bouillon Castle and its Birds of Prey Show
- Bastogne War Museum, Second World War Memorial Centre
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights in Houffalize
- Durbuy Adventure - Kayaking on the River Ourthe
- Euro Space Center: "A Space Odyssey" Show