The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
Chaussée de Givet 49-51
5660 MARIEMBOURG (COUVIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Enjoy a journey back in time on a steam train that takes you to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Belgium.
The Trois Vallées (Three valleys) steam train or CFV3V connects the stations of Mariembourg and Treignes, going through the villages of Nismes, Olloy-sur-Viroin and Vierves, the latter being one of the "Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia".
During your trip you will doubtlessly be seduced by the charm of the picturesque landscapes of one of the most beautiful rail networks in Europe.
Combine your trip with a visit to the Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum.
Special days to mark in your diary
- 2 May: Barbecue Train, booking required,
- 19 July: Belgian Heritage day,
- 21: Modelling day,
- 5 September: Special "regional produce" train, booking required,
- 26 and 27 September: Steam festival,
- 24 and 25 October: Halloween Train,
- 24 October: Halloween Train "Nocturne", late-night opening,
- 19 and 20 December: Christmas Train.
Length of the trip:
The train journey takes approximately 40 by steam train or 30 minutes by autorail.
Tourist information on the town COUVIN