Battle of the Frontiers Trail
- Departing from
Maison du Tourisme de Gaume
Rue des Grasses Oies 2b
- MAPS: Google Maps
Embark on a journey to where the Battle of the Frontiers devastated the south of the Luxembourg province during the First World War.
You can visit:
- The village of Gaume in Ethe - this martyr village was one of the most ravaged during the combats, of which the monument and French cemetery bear witness to this tragic episode.
- The Battle of the Frontiers Museum in Latour - a brand new scenography in the Latour museum aims to maintain the memory of the fighters, but also the many fallen civilians during those brutal days in August 1914. Find out more here.
- The Gaume Museum in Virton - From 30/06 to 15/11/14, the museum will display an exhibition on the works of Nestor Outer, painter and poet from Virton (1865-1930). Find out more here.
- In Rossignol, you will be able to follow an informative walk "Sur les traces de 14-18" (Along the 1914-1918 path). This will take you to the remembrance sites in the martyr village, through the woods and to the two French cemeteries.
This cross-border excursion will also take you to other remembrance sites on the other side of the French border.
- tel. : +32 (0) 63 57 89 04
- fax : +32 (0) 63 57 71 14
- website : http://www.soleildegaume.be
Tourist information on the town VIRTON