Arthur Masson Centre in Trignolles
Rue Eugène Defraire 29
5670 TREIGNES (VIROINVAL)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Arthur Masson Centre, dedicated to the Belgian writer, an original visit in the heart of the superb Virion valley in Belgium.
The centre, with its audio guide tours, allows visitors the chance to discover the rural world of the Ardennes from 1930 to 1960, as well as the traditional Walloon language through Arthur Masson's work.
The original decor plunges you into a village square in the village of Treignes. The charming square is flanked by the three old schools of Treignes: the kindergarden, the girls' school and the boys' school, which houses the exhibition.
Trignolles: audio guided tour of the Ardennes of 1930 to 1960
Have you heard of Trignolles and Toine Culot? It's Treignes and its Major, as immortalised by Arthur Masson, also known as the Pagnol Wallon.
The indoor route invites you to experience the atmoshpere of an authentic Ardennes village for 1 hour 15 minutes. There are dialogues in Walloon and the audio guides are available in French, English, Dutch and German.
School in the old days
The Centre also organises an hour-long group activity to experience a 1932 classroom, with its strict discipline, slates, plumes and inkpots.
- All year long,
- Closed on Mondays except during school holidays and public holidays,
- November, December and February: open weekends from 11am to 6pm and school holidays,
Annual closure: 3 weeks in January, 1/11, 24/12, 25/12, 31/12, 01/01.
Open every day for groups by reservation.
Duration of the visit: 1h15 (including film). The last visit starts 1 hour before closing time.
Access for persons with reduced mobility.
Cafeteria "Chez Toine" with food and drinks, local produce section & souvenirs.
- Adults €5.20 individual - €4.20 in a group
- Seniors €4.20 individual - €3.70 in a group
- Children from 6 to 18 years €3.70 individual - €3 in a group
- Students €4.20 individual - €3.70 in a group
Free entry for children under 6 years. Discounts for families and accommodation: holiday villages, cottages and guest rooms.
Tourist information on the town VIROINVAL
Visit our partners' webpages
- Lorette Cave in Rochefort
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- Jardins d'O de Nismes | Eco trip aboard an electric boat
- The Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum in Treignes